Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27, 2012

Hey Family!
I´m doing good. Don´t worry mother. Its probably been about 5 months since I´ve sent a letter home. Its not that I´ve been lazy its just that these last transfers have been going by super fast and its seems like I don´t have time to do anything during my p-days. I´ll try to send a letter though. The scout camp sounded like fun. I always loved going to scout camp. I did hear about Shantewa. I think its funny that every one after me gets these special privileges, when I worked liked a dog trying to find a job to try and earn money to drive. haha I really didn´t work like a dog, but I did work hard. haha It really doesn´t matter though. The picture of Daniel and Makayla is pretty dang cute by the way. haha he looks very happy. So this week I did another division. I have no money at all because of the bus tickets. haha I went back to Livramento, which was cool. I got to see my old area and all the people there. I got to see the family that me and Elder Morrison baptized. They are actually to move which is sad because that means that I´ll probably never see them again. I´ll be able to keep in contact through the Internet though. Also came in contact with a Pastor from another church. I´m usually very calm when talking to other religious leaders. I really don´t like to bible bash, but this guy was a jerk. He started tearing apart the Book of Mormon and saying crap about the church and he wouldn´t even let me talk. He kept talking over me, so I kind of blew up on him. haha Thankfully the other missionary was able to think straight and separated us and we just walked away, because if he hadn´t I would´ve burned that sucker. haha I´ve got a lot more patient on the mission, but I really have no patience with ignorant people who act like children, repeating the same thing over and over, practically yelling over you when you´re trying to explain calmly. As you can probably tell I haven´t really gotten over it. I think its just my pride that was hurt. haha I know arguing really doesn´t help anything. Just makes the situation worse, but I really hate when people don´t listen to me. haha But anyway we´re having more success in my area now, here in Santa Maria. We have about three different families that we´re teaching now. They are very good too. Anyway that´s about all this week. I hope everything is going well and that you guys are having a good vacation. Love you guys.
Elder Jolstead

No comments:

Post a Comment