Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 30, 2012

Oí Família,
So I have to send just a quick email today, because I´m late. This week was good. That family we´re teaching is going to get married the 10th of February. We´re still having trouble finding new investigators, but it´s getting better. Yesterday me and my companion burned a ´´Pastor`` of another church. Don´t worry we burned him with love.haha He was teaching one of our investigators against what we taught, so we arrived there and he started teaching his false doctrine and stuff. Then after we corrected everything he said. Come to find out he was an inactive member and thought he could prove all the gospel teachings wrong with the bible (I know its really ironic: use the scriptures to prove wrong the scriptures) So anyway to help our investigator and this inactive member/pastor we burned him with love.haha it wasn´t bible bashing, because the spirit was there and we weren´t proving him wrong to satisfy our pride, but to answer his duvidas. In the end we just bore our testimonies and told to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it again. So that was a fun story. That´s great that you´re reading Jesus the Christ. I love that book. It´s funny, that before my mission I really didn´t want to learn anything, but now on the mission, I want to learn everything. Right now I´m reading the WHOLE Bible with the book of Mormon in Portuguese. It´s an awseome feeling when you learn something new and things about the gospel begin to be make more sense and be more real. I love Personal study for this reason. Anyway I got to go. Love you all.
Elder Jolstead the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment